New York Insurance Continuing Education Requirements
Required New York Insurance Continuing Education Hours
- 15 Hours/credits for Producers
- 15 Hours/Credits Adjusters
- 30 Hours Multi-Licenses
- Renewals, Producers: Every 2 years, based on the licensee’s date of birth
- Renewals, Public Adjusters: The license term ends on 12/31 of even-numbered years.
- Exams are Closed Book, Unlimited re-takes
Exam Proctor Requirements: Closed-book exams must be monitored by an approved NYS Monitor
Self-Study Final Exam Passing Score: 70%
Florida Insurance Continuing Education Requirements
Insurance Continuing Education Provider Number: 371146
Required Florida Insurance Continuing Education Hours
- 24 CE hours, including the 5-hour Law and Ethics Update course, are required every 2 year license term. (Licensed lass than 6 years)
- 20 CE hours, including the 5-hour Law and Ethics Update course, are required every 2 year license term.
- Title: 10 CE hours, including the 5-hour Law and Ethics Update course, are required every 2 year license term. (residents and non-residents)
- The license term is every 2 years ending on the last day of the licensee’s birth month after the licensee has been licensed 24 months
- Florida agent and adjuster licenses are perpetual, but will expire if it goes for more than 48 months without an appointment. Failure to complete continuing education requirements may result in cancellation of an appointment that could lead to termination of the license.
- The final exam is closed book, and no outside information may be used to complete the exam. If the final exam is not passed on the first attempt, students have unlimited retakes but the exam questions will be different each time.
- *Effective April 12, 2017: You cannot repeat the same course within 2 years from the original course completion date.